Monday, March 16, 2009

Trying to get back in the Cell Phone Market

I've been looking to get back onto a plan for my Cell phone, but I have found this to be extremely difficult. I have a Blackberry Curve which I paid for out write and did not need to agree to any two-year contract when I purchased it. I don't need a phone with a two year contract. In fact, I cannot commit to a two year contract right now. There are no such month to month plans available that I can see, unless I subscribe to a "pay-as-you-go" plan, which I could not use with my blackberry as far as I can tell.

From a socializing view - I have realized a few issues with being disconnected. T-Mobile has a Fav-5 calling plan which markets this exact theory.

My transmission failed on my car yesterday and I need to call a mechanic and be available when hearing was wrong. I have borrowed a car and need to be available to this person also.

There are many reasons NOT to have a phone, but the underlying need in today's society requires it for daily communications.

No comments: